Here’s are list of tips to get you ready for preseason!
1) Don’t go too hard this week!! Would you run a marathon the week before your marathon? This is the time to take it easy, but not too easy. Get out and get some light runs in and don’t forget those touches!
2) As we said before.. get those touches in. You want the soccer ball to be your best friend. Take the little guy around with you everywhere… this goes with out saying… NO HANDS. Take him from the living room to your bedroom, lifting the ball over the stairs or obstacles in your way. Juggle, juggle, juggle! Juggling doesn’t necessarily make you an awesome soccer player, but do you know of any awesome soccer players that can’t juggle.. Makes sense. Get comfortable with that ball. Lastly, if you have a wall, brick mailboxes, whatever you can find to hit the ball against without getting in trouble, get some passing and receiving in. You don’t want to go into preseason not having touched a ball in ages. And we hope you have been getting touches in all summer, but we know how it goes. It’s never too late to start… #ownyourdevelopment
3) Hydrate!!! August is usually the hottest month in most places of the USA. So make sure you are drinking plenty. You know the drill. If your pee is yellow, you are dehydrated. If you are thirsty, you are dehydrated. If your pee is neon, well that might be your multivitamin!
4) Speaking of multivitamins!!.. Start taking fish oil if you are not already on that train! Make sure you do your research though and find a good source. Some fish oils have too much filler and you would literally have to take 20 liquid gels to get the benefits. What are the benefits? For the athlete especially, fish oil helps with inflammation on the cellular level. Try to avoid anti-inflammatories such as Advil. Use the natural one- FISH OIL! Fish oil has also been shown to lower blood pressure and reduce the risk of cancer. A really good source for fish oil is Pure Pharma
5) Sleep and sleep and sleep. Get the rest your body needs especially because you know what it is in for. Sleep isn’t just for beauty it is for beast!! We had to.. On a serious note, sleep is one of the most important things in athlete performance and recovery–if not the most important. You want to be mentally and physically sharp, so log in at least 8 hours a night! Having trouble sleeping at night? Don’t be all up on snapchat stories and instagram before bed. Stop staring at the screen. Read a book instead. Make sure you are in a cool room with preferably zero lighting when it’s time to fall asleep. Now would be a great time to close your eyes and visualize! This is part of one of our tactics for success, which can be found in “Mastering the Inner Game”